For Residential, Commercial and Industrial Condominiums
The Condominium Act requires a performance audit inspection of the common elements of the building, and at least one unit of every new condominium built in Ontario. The purpose of the Performance Audit is to ensure that any major problems in the common elements of the condo will be found before the end of the one year time frame for submitting a warranty claim under the Ontario New Home Warranty Program.
The Performance Audit report includes an inspection of the common elements e.g. the foundations, exterior walls, roof, doors, elevators, parking garages, and a survey of unit owners asking them to report damage to their units that may have been a result of defects in the common elements.
The building and site elements are covered under the Warranty Program for specific conditions. The program has specific dead-lines, and requires written notification regarding warrantable defects within the deadlines:
|First Year||Warranty, covers general deficiencies, building code incompatibilities and design deficiencies.|
|First Two Years||Coverage for water penetration into the building envelope, health violations, safety violations and mechanical systems problems.|
|First Seven Years||Coverage for major structural defects.|
As a complementary service of the Performance Audit report, Ben Engineering will also provide the condominium with ongoing support, to ensure that the deficiencies are either being repaired by the builder or being paid for by the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act (ONHWP).
A Performance Audit report includes the following:
- Providing the Corporation witha list of documents required by the Condominium Act.
- Review of documents turned over by Declarant as required by the Condominium Act.
- Review all provided construction documents in order to define the design concept and to identify conditions during field examinations.
- Performance Audit for New Condominiums.
- Review any construction quality control report (if applicable).
- Produce a questionnaire regarding the performance of various building components and systems.
- Carry out detailed visual examinations from the exterior of the common elements and system.
- Conducting a unit owners' survey regarding to deficiencies in the units that were caused by defects in the common elements of the building.
- Review of interior of some of the units, where available, regarding to deficiencies related to the common elements.
- Review of exterior walls and windows from the ground and from within sample suites.
- Review of building roof where accessible and visible including membrane, insulation, and drainage.
- Preparation and issuance of a Draft Report for review and comments by the Board of Directors.
- Issuance of final report that meets the Condominium Act requirements.
Listed below some of our other service we provide:
- Reserve Fund Study
- Property Condition Assessment
- Phase 1 & 2 Environmental Site Assessment
- Environmental Site Remediation
- Environmental Compliance Approval
- Designated Substances Survey
- Air-quality, Mould and Grow-op Impact Assessment
- Thermal Imaging and Energy Audit
- Pre and Post-construction Survey